Monday, March 10, 2014

Gray and White Chevron Quilt with Polka Dot Backing


Chevrons are all the rage these days. They are cute and provide lovely contrast on a quilt. I saw a store-bought quilt of an adorable gray and white chevron quilt on Pinterest a few years ago. The link doesn't even work anymore, otherwise I'd provide it for you. I decided that I could make it pretty easily, and it really did go together quickly. I made the quilt top in about 3 days of working a few hours each time using this easy tutorial from the blog Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. It took me longer to pin, quilt and bind the whole thing than to make the quilt top.  


When I started this quilt, I wasn't really sure who I was making the quilt for. I thought perhaps one of the many babies that my friends and family are having, then I thought maybe a family member. But in the end, I decided to keep it for myself because it's just so cute and cozy. If one of my friends or family members read this and would like one, please do let me know. It probably wouldn't take to much to convince me to make one for you or to help you make one on your own.  


If you even decide to make your own chevron quilt please do share a picture of it below. Happy quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment