Saturday, October 25, 2014

Prosciutto Brie Pizza with Arugula and Walnuts


This pizza was inspired by a pizza at Cibo in Phoenix. If you live in Phoenix or you're visiting, please consider going to this pizzeria. I think that it is my favorite pizzeria anywhere! And if you can control yourself, they have amazing crepes for dessert. I know that most people want to go to Pizzeria Bianco when visiting downtown Phoenix, and they do have delicious pizza. But I think Cibo's pizza definitely rivals Pizzeria Bianco, and they are in a really great restored bungalow that just oozes charm. The biggest bonus is that you won't have to wait 4-6 hours for a table. 

Okay, back to the pizza I made. It was inspired by the La Noce which has tomato sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, arugula and walnuts. I put my spin on it based on ingredients I bought for this Skinnytaste dish that I'm going to try tomorrow night. 

I took the photos before I tasted it hoping it would be good enough to put on here. It was a huge hit with both Joe and me, and he encouraged me to put it on the blog so you might all enjoy it as well. I hope you try it, and then hop on and leave a comment letting us know what you thought of it. 



Prosciutto Brie Pizza with Arugula and Walnuts
Ingredients
Corn meal
Pizza dough
1- 6 oz. can tomato paste
4-6 slices prosciutto
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 oz. brie
1-2 cups baby arugula
1/4 cup walnut pieces
walnut oil or extra virgin olive oil to drizzle

Preheat oven to 425˚. 

Sprinkle corn meal over the pizza pan. Roll pizza dough out to your preference and place on pizza pan. I chose to do this one as thin as I could roll it. Spread a thin layer of tomato paste over the whole dough. Cover the tomato sauce with the slices of prosciutto. Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded mozzarella. Cut the brie into thin slices and place every 2 inches so it has room to melt. 

Place in oven for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden. If you are using a thicker crust, you will either need to prebake the crust or lower the oven temperature to 400˚ and leave it in for 20-25 minutes. 

Remove the pizza and immediate top with arugula and walnut pieces. Finish by finely drizzling the oil over the whole pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment