Saturday, November 21, 2015

One final vanity update!

So if you're counting, this is my fourth vanity painting in this house. That's right, we have four bathrooms that all had original 1974 vanities. I've discovered that the easiest/cheapest way to give the entire room an update is to paint the vanity. It really brings it into this century for about $10-$15 and some elbow grease.

I start by taking the doors off and washing everything well. I use my favorite primer, Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 as a base coat. 




After the primer, my sister-in-law and I painted the whole thing white. I just used a Better Homes and Gardens basic white that I had downstairs. I put new hinges and knobs on, and that's it! I just love how much fresher and better it all looks. Now unless I decide to change the colors, all of the bathrooms are "done" for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment