Thursday, December 19, 2013

Roasted Almonds and Walnuts with Garlic and Salt

The following is my very first post with a few edits and much better pictures. I know I can still take even better pictures, but it's a work in progress!

Today I was making the Butternut Parmesan Sauce from Skinnytaste.com which is one of our favorite pasta sauces!  I was preparing the garlic for that recipe and found I was getting quite hungry.  So I grabbed a handful of almonds without washing the garlic flavor off of my hands.  I was shocked at how delicious the almonds were with the garlic flavor.  I was just going to use almonds, but realized I didn't have that many in my cabinet.  I decided to try adding walnuts, and it was a wonderful balance between the sweetness of the almonds and more bitter flavor of the walnuts.

It inspired the following roasted nut mix.



Eat and enjoy!  My husband liked these so much that he added them to the top of his salad for dinner and suggested that I make some to take home for Christmas.

Recipe: Roasted Almonds and Walnuts with Garlic and Salt

Preheat Oven to 350ยบ

2 cups each of almonds and walnuts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of crushed garlic
salt and pepper to taste
(This is the basic recipe. I've also added dried rosemary)

Mix the ingredients until the nuts are coated evenly.  Spread the nuts on a baking tray and roast for 12 minutes.  Place the nuts back into the bowl with the leftover oil mixture and stir.  Spread the nuts onto a paper towel to cool completely.  Eat and enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment